PROS OF SUPPORTING SCHOOL BONDS
• Our students can learn in an environment that is safer
• Our schools will be more up to code
• Students will stay dry instead of drenched by leaking roofs
• Students and faculty will have fire safety infrastructure that will warn them of fire early, allow them to escape safely and suppress the dangers and damage quickly.
• Improvements and replacement through bonding increases the property values of homes in the neighborhood. It's not just a good investment for our kids, its a great investment in your largest asset, your home and its value.
• Bond approvals are actually good for our economy as it allows the school district to hire local companies and their employees to work on the needed improvements and upgrades. Your tax dollars are ending up back in the hands of your neighbors who are improving our kids' schools.
• It's not actually new debt necessarily as old bond debt is being retired (paid-off) as the new debt is approved.
• It's only roughly $5.00 per $100K in assessed property value. Most people hardly notice the cost, but EVERY student in Anchorage notices the benefits.
CONS OF SUPPORTING SCHOOL BONDS
• You're out about $5.00 per $100K in assessed property value
THE BENEFITS OF APPROVING THE SCHOOL BONDS FAR OUTWEIGH THE COST. PLEASE VOTE YES ON THE SCHOOL BONDS.