Know your polling place! Help others find theirs. Review a list of all polling places.
Write a Letter-to-the-Editor
Offer your views on the fiscal responsibility that comes hand-in-hand with a physical investment.
Find a perspective that resonates for you. We have a lot of layman perspectives that work these days.
- Do you wait till your roof has caved in to get it repaired and give it the strength it needs to meet current conditions? No; you shovel it if necessary and schedule maintenance for the work that needs to be done.
- Do you purchase equipment for your business and then let it breakdown because you don’t want to spend money on upkeep or repairs? No; you budget the money required to let it run as smoothly as possible.
- Do you run your business the same as always, hoping that you’ll be able to keep up to speed with changing times? No; you research the market you are active in and take steps to make your business the best it can be.
Our children, and the buildings in which they learn, are our investments. It is our responsibility to take care of them.
Print out a sign and post it in a well-seen spot
Download the sign (seen below) and print. Hang it in your place of business, your car window, or another highly viewed place.
Share the reasons to support the 2016 School Bond
- The ASD has been fiscally responsible – The ASD has retired at least $269.6 million in bond debt over the past five years. In the next five years, $305 million is anticipated to be retired. We can afford to take on $58.5 million in bond debt at this time. The assessment on each $100,000 of property valuation will be about $12.
- Projects selected were carefully evaluated using the ASD’s facility condition index – The roof replacements, heating and ventilation system upgrades and seismic improvements will bring facilities up to current standards. The projects are maintenance that will extend the life of current facilities.
- Projects included in the School Bond span the entire district.